2018-04-21 : Patch 22.214.171.124 Hotfix 1
- Optimized glow outline effect.
- Optimized 3D info HUD.
- Fixed a crash related to the glow effect.
- NPCs can no longer be interrupted when they are returning to spawn, previously they would just stop moving if they were blocked.
- Fixed health and focus regen issues, NPCs should no longer regen super fast when leaving combat.
- Changed the default keybind for toggling walking to keypad minus, to prevent random walk enable when you alt+tab out of the game, write exec config_default in the console to enforce the new config + keybinds.
- Nerfed knockback, especially in PvP.
- Added knockback support for spells, Arcane Blast will now knock enemies away.
- Fixed thirdperson camera, it is now slightly smoother and updates faster, prevents clipping through walls.
- Thirdperson camera will now be properly reset on connection.
GUI & HUD
- 2D info HUD should now center-align properly on smaller and larger resolutions.
- Fixed a rare bug which would make the action HUD position at the far left corner instead of in the middle.
2018-04-15 : Patch 126.96.36.199
- Major optimization for client & server, reduced costly code, improved expensive code. Data can be retrieved even faster, clients should expect decent FPS boosts, especially on a low end system.
- Increased NPC chase distance by 50%.
- Walking can now be toggled.
- When entering a server with dead players they should no longer go T-pose.
- Weapons will no longer have their angle or position prematurely updated while drawing or holstering.
- Fixed a bug which would allow the player to execute another spell based attack while currently doing a spell based attack, this would break the current attack.
- Improved melee accuracy slightly.
GUI & HUD
- Fixed a bug which would render group members in the wrong position in the minimap if they left your PVS.
- Fixed a potential bug which would allow the player to track the same quest twice.
- The 2D info view HUD should be more consistent and less laggy.
- Increased movement speed while casting spells, speed will now be reduced by 25% instead of 50%.
- Movement speed will be increased by 0.098% per point of Agility
- Attack speed will be increased by 0.165% per point of Agility.
- All melee attack speeds have been tweaked, no weapons should be slower than 1.1 currently.
2018-03-27 : Patch 188.8.131.52
- Fixed issues related to the new thread safety logic, players should no longer experience brief lag spikes.
- Corpses will now ignore +use if there is no loots available, this will ensure that no loot issues will occur if corpses pile up.
- Added trigger_pvp_zone which can be used to mark an area as a PvP zone or safe zone, in PvP only servers/maps safe zones can be used to create certain non-PvP areas. While PVE servers may have some PvP forced areas. Whenever you enter a PvP zone the minimap zone text will be rendered in red.
- Increased idle distance and decreased idle check time.
- Voice will be fully disabled for players further than 1000 units from the local player, group members will not be affected.
- Added many fixes to the thirdperson camera, proper collision handling, smoother transitioning, over the shoulder support, check advanced options for setting up your preferred camera style.
- Crosshair is now 100% accurate, spells will actually 'follow' the crosshair position now.
- +use'ing stuff is now more responsive and easier in general, now that the crosshair has been fixed.
- Added camera free rotation mode, press and hold MOUSE4 by default to enable this mode, while this mode is active you can rotate freely around your character.
- Added attack speed functionality, increased Agility skill will increase your attack speed.
- You can now do magic spells with any weapon active, your weapons will be holstered and re-drawn when the spell has successfully been casted.
- You can now move and jump while activating spells, however your movement speed will be reduced by 50% while casting.
- Weapon entities should update their position and angles more frequently.
- You can now cancel a spell by re-activating the same spell or another spell, clicking another spell will trigger that spell instead.
- Added remaining ranged weapon logic, however no ranged weapons are available yet!
- Fixed a bug which would occur when you tried to holster ranged weapons.
GUI & HUD
- Added NPC dialogue which will be printed in the chat, example:
- Closecaptions, npc dialogue & subtitles will always be shown when in a dungeon or battleground. If you're in a world map it will be distance based.
- Altered attack speed for all weapons.
- Adjusted the attack speed gained by Agility, you will now increase attack speed by 0.15% per point.
- Adjusted the movement speed gained by Agility, you will now increase movement speed by 0.275% per point.
- Adjusted the movement speed lost due to Armor, movement speed will be decreased by 0.085% per point of armor.
- Increased default focus regeneration rate by 0.25.
- Reduced default focus regeneration rate penalty wait time by 0.5 sec.
- Fixed multiple typos in the localization file.
2018-03-18 : Patch 184.108.40.206
- All non dungeon gameservers will be restarted at a certain time during the day, by default everyday at 4 am, to battle the VAR (lag) issues due to high uptime.
- Added proper thread safety for server and client. This should fix the rare crashes that have been reported.
- Patrolling NPCs will no longer bug up when you engage them, Smuggler Legionnaire would randomly run back to the initial patrol point if he was too far away from it when engaged.
- Added a simple magic lock-on algorithm for improved hit detection with magic spells, this is a temporary solution to the bugged crosshair angles.
- Fixed PvP with melee weapons.
- Voice proximity will be disabled between group members.
- Fixed a major bug in the group system, if the group leader left the group, the group would break.
- Updated max playerID value in infestus_selected_player/last_player cvars.
- Fixed miss calculated equip stats on connection, level-up + weapon stats were omitted.
- Equipped items will now be verified on connection.
- Fixed multiple issues in the item slot system, you could potentially lose items due to some messy code and queries.
GUI & HUD
- Quest tracker & notifier has been optimized.
- Interaction panel quest item overlay will no longer 'flicker'.
- Bosses will no longer render their level.
- Spell action bar is more responsive.
- Finished quests will be rendered in green, both in the quest log and in the interaction panel quest items list.
- Minimizing quest categories will no longer bug up.
- If you are in a group, the group leader will be rendered in yellow text @ name.
- Increased the respawn time for several quest items.
- Felix's first quest will no longer give any rewards.
- You can now sell the starter weapon pluss a bunch of other items.
- Most of the equipable items can now be traded, not all quest reward items can be traded though.
- Increased XP gained from Young Wolves by 10.
2018-03-03 : Patch 220.127.116.11
Disclaimer: Due to the complexity of this patch and the amount of rebalancing, all characters have been nerfed a little, any level above 15 has been clamped to 15, if you had more than 8000 coins your money have been clamped to 8000.
- Added Linux & OSX client support! (Linux server support is in the works!!!)
- Major client & server performance fixes & improvements. Reduced total networking by +40%!
- Changed default tickrate from 66 to 30.
- Added trading, player interaction, level-up panel & more!
- Added cl_debug_raknet and sv_debug_raknet, use these to receive messages regarding data received, handled, etc.
- Added an all new way for handling hit reg + lag compensation, no more expensive lag comp + jittering! Hit detection is much better for players & npcs!
- Updated & optimized the entire database structure.
- Fixed missing spell ID link when doing melee, ranged & magic attacks. The damageinfo wouldn't know which spell was used.
- Fixed a bug which would make radius based damage spells ignore other players and even enemies.
- Weapons will now spawn proper decal traces when hitting world / static stuff.
- Added missing lag compensation when casting instant spells or aquiring a target to attack / heal.
- Armor will no longer reduce damage taken if you took magic damage.
- Resistance values will now reduce the damage taken for certain magic schools.
- Spell object will now damage/heal properly if it has no creator. (level design placement)
- Spell object will now dispatch damage / heal text properly if the spell has no creator.
- Fixed a crash in the spell_object entity which would occur if the owner of the spell_object suddenly disconnected.
- Fixed spell object not healing teammates.
- item_object's will no longer cast shadows.
- Spell projectiles will only cast shadows if they're ranged projectiles. (arrows)
- Decals should no longer stick on to spell_object, arrow_projectile, spell_projectile and npc_static entities.
- Corpse objects and static npcs will no longer do expensive animation calls when dormant.
- Corpse objects will no longer lose their glow when you reconnect to the game. (if they 'belong' to you)
- Optimized client animation state for npc_static and corpseobject.
- Added prop_dynamic_simple, this is a lightweight, client based animatable entity which should be used instead of prop_dynamic when possible.
- Added resistance attributes for npcs, removed other base stats like Stamina, Strength, etc for now.
- Monsters can now stay put.
- Combatants & Monsters can now patrol properly! You can setup a simple patrol route using path_corners.
- Fixed a crash which would occur if you tried to fetch reputation info on the server for two players and check if they had certain affiliated reputations.
- Added /promote, you can now promote someone else in your group to become the new group leader.
- You can now /inv, /tell, /kick and /promote in all chat channels except for the whisper channel.
- Added new techniques for calculating the XP needed for a certain lvl, uses simple formulas, the formulas get more complex every 10 lvl.
- You will no longer receive XP when doing low lvl quests, if your lvl is greater than the max quest lvl range.
- Added support for simple testing bots, mostly for profiling work.
- Added the drown bar HUD which indicates how much breath you have, when the bar is empty you will start to take dmg, also
added threshold values for max breath + damage from drowning.
- No more fade to black when dying due to fall damage.
- You can no longer update/use/equip items while dead.
- Optimized various usermessages.
- Added proper keybinds for zoom in/out @ thirdperson camera.
- Players will now glow when you look at them.
GUI & HUD
- When reloading client data, all GUI panels and HUD will be refreshed so that the new data pointers will be loaded!
- Item tooltip are now rendered much faster.
- Added missing nav progress UI resource file!
- You will no longer render 3D icons like quest indication icons if you're too far away from the source position.
- Fixed Z position for the actual 3D entity info names and quest icons to use a position vector based on the original position +
an offset * vecUP direction instead of just adding it directly to the Z component.
- Minimap icons will now render even if the npc_static is dormant.
- Added the quick use item selection HUD! Which allows you to quickly select and use a potion / eat some food. (TAB by default)
- Fixed control sizes @ notification panel for adding friends.
- Fixed slow loading screen code.
- Added a level-up panel which allows the player to choose how much points to spend in Stamina, Agility, Strength & Intellect! You will receive 4 points per level, you can easily reset your points but it will cost money!
- Added the player interaction panel! Simply +use any player to display the menu, it will allow the player to message, invite, inspect or trade with another player.
- Updated the notification panel GUI and scrollbar GUI.
- Fixed a minor bug which would occur when you closed some VGUI panels, the chat would fade in and out quickly.
- You should no longer be able to accidently open up two VGUI menus at the same time if you somehow pressed two buttons at the same time, ex C and P, etc..
- Item tooltips should no longer render outside the screen if ypos < 0.
- Increased quest log description font size.
- You can now scroll to the top and bottom @ combat log. (check keyboard options for the bindings)
- The notification panel will now properly send a cancel command when being closed by another panel.
- The Social System GUI will no longer reset the who list whenever it tries to be refreshed.
- Updated the item list height @ Social Panel when searching for other users.
- The social system 'Who list' will no longer add duplicates, also fixed a minor memory leak.
- The 'Who list' search keyword can not be longer than 30 characters!
- The minimap will now render a money icon + the money left, instead of having it as a simple string only.
Sound & Music
- Music data can now be retrieved faster.
- Reloading client data will now finally reload music data as well.
- FMOD will now be muted if the game is paused or if the game window is inactive while snd_mute_losefocus is set to 1.
- Added a new quest, you can pick it up from Commander Felix if you've completed the first smuggler quests.
- Added a new powerful smuggler npc, the npc will patrol around the encampment.
- Added a new npc outside the graveyard catacombs, preparations have started, soon the catacombs will be opened!
- Fixed occluder issues, sometimes wolves would disappear when walking too near the occluders.
- Replaced some areaportal windows with regular areaportals.
- You will no longer have to complete the two starter quests (speak with Rorin + meet up with Felix) in order to pick up other quests, you will now initially start with a simple weapon and be able to pick up any
available quests from the start!
- Reduced the sell value for multiple items.
2017-11-20 : Patch 18.104.22.168
- Major optimization for master, client & server, slow algorithms have been improved greatly.
- All data can now be retrieved super fast, improving the average speed of the game itself.
- ALL VGUI components will now scale 100% perfect when you change resolution!
- Weapon hit detection is now SUPERB, for both players & npcs. Improved melee accuracy!
- Certain items will no longer be precached if they are not present in the map, for example quest items.
- No more precaching of npcs which are not present in the specified map.
- If an NPC is chasing you and you are much further above (Z) the npc, and not visible, then the npc will leave combat and return to spawn.
- The VGUI panels will no longer lag the game, cached all image icons to prevent too much load when opening certain VGUI menus.
- You can now remove spells from the action bar! (by right clicking the spell you want to remove from the bar, spell panel must be open for this to work)
- Fixed VGUI issues like cropped text in merchant window, cropped text in spell panel, if you opened some of the panels fast and closed them fast, wrong fonts would be shown.
- 3D Model panel will now render weapons @ the right attachments instead of auto bonemerge.
- Fixed tooltips for Character Stats and Character Reputation disappearing if you opened the Reputation tab and hovered over a reputation item and then went back to the Stats tab, this prevented the stats from rendering tooltips.
- The notification panel can now be properly closed by pressing ESC, previously it would not add the mainmenu prevention when it re-opened friends or character panel.
- Fixed a bad bug which would occur when looking for available inventory slot(s), in some cases when you looked for a slot you could
pick the same slot twice, and add an item 'above' an existing item.
- The Avatar model HUD will now update properly when you change equipment.
- Moved the quest tracking HUD a bit more to the left, to line up with the minimap.
- Fixed a potential bug which would occur when playerID > greater than 16 bits. (playerID & groupID is now 21 bits instead)
- Rewrote the weapon logic, all hit detection related stuff is done on the server, the model only exists on the client! (for players and npcs)
also saved network edicts, + server load, due to the fact that the weapons followed the entity on the client + server...
- Fixed some issues related to dual wielding.
- You can now set model scale for NPC @ npc scripts.
- NPC loot drop percentages are now represented as float, which is convenient for items with a super low percentage.
- Fixed a bug which would occur in dungeons if Steam didn't load properly, the dungeon would report to the master before connecting to the master.
- Added player deletion group handling, if the deleted player were in a group, announce and handle this properly.
- Added name character limit, people shouldn't be allowed to have extremely long names! (limited to 16 characters)
- Added a simple combat log HUD which displays damage taken, damage dealt, healing, etc... (check keyboard bindings for scrolling up & down)
- Added simple death punishment, from now on you will lose 10% of your money when dying.
- Added a new spell entity : spell_object which is a spell that spawns on the ground and renders a fancy texture effect
on the ground, anyone who enters this volume (bounds) will be affected by this spell.
- NPCs can now flee properly, added proper NavMesh support.
- Fixed faulty networked variables, some sent too few / many bits.
- Added support for PvP when PvP mode is enabled! (group up to prevent friendly fire...)
- Updated the drop rate for some items, the cost/sell values for food and other valuable items.
- Improved local devmode functionality.
2017-10-01 : Patch 22.214.171.124
- Guards will no longer try to flee when at low health.
- Changed cooldown rendering to be more obvious.
- Fixed fake loading screen for dungeon system, the fake loading screen is opened while waiting for the dungeon to
- Fixed reputation bugs, if you reached max rep it would reset back from 0 next time you received rep. Also, getting
negative rep while at max rep wouldn't have changed your rep value.
- No more health regen while taking poison, drown & fall damage.
- Vital data will now save every 60 sec, previously your vital data such as XP needed/current, level, etc would only
save when you disconnected. Now, if the server crashed that wouldn't happen = lost data!
- Added proper crash handling for dungeon and world servers, players will not be left online forever if they don't
reconnect to the game after being dropped from a crashed server.
- Fixed a bug which would set everyone to 'offline' in the database whenever the master restarted. (when crashed)
- Optimized data sent & received via master app.
2017-09-14 : Patch 126.96.36.199 Hotfix 2
- Fixed a major bug which would reset your client data and cause packet loss when connecting with your selected character.
- You can no longer +use spam on doors, each +use will create a 2 second penalty.
- Added new voice communication icons.
- A voice icon will now be rendered for the local player as well, whenever the local player is communicating via voice.
2017-09-10 : Patch 188.8.131.52 Hotfix 1
- Fixed a crash issue related to data received for both client & server.
- Fixed issues related to item tooltips not refreshing when moving items, swapping items, etc...
2017-09-10 : Patch 184.108.40.206
- If you have the required items for a quest you just picked up, those objectives will now be progressed right away.
- Optimized various calls to remove and add @ inventory items.
- Handing in a quest will now remove all related quest items, regardless if they're in your bank or not.
- Fixed issues which would make incoming packets handled in an anti-queue manner.
- If you have multiple quests which require the same item, handing in one of those quests will remove all of the desired
item(s), and remove progress from other quests who also needed these items.
- If a quest has no rewards or objectives, these parts will no longer be rendered.
- When a player takes damage, health regen will be delayed for 750 msec.
- Dungeon system has been fully reworked, and will be introduced in the next patch, most likely!
- Increased quest description font size + changed the font itself.
- Changed quest reward info font and font size as well.
- Fixed an issue in the quest panel where the reward text would clip with other text.
- The action bars will now draw the keybind instead of numbers between 1-8, the action bars are tied to slot1-slot8.
- Mayor Rorin's 3D model position @ 2D info panel has been fixed.
- Fixed issues related to gameservers not fully reconnecting to the master server during connection issues.
- Optimized the master server app, fixed bogus addressing.
- Nerfed the two handed swords found in Capital Outskirts.
- Nerfed the one handed maces found in Capital Outskirts.
- Reduced sell price of food consumeables.
- Added missing quantity for food items, when you purchase food you'll purchase it in quantities of 5 instead of 1.
- Added some clips to prevent players from getting stuck.
- Added an npc clip at the house near the bandit camp to prevent the npcs from getting stuck on the stairs.
- Added clip @ stairs so that walking on stairs won't make you jitter.
- Removed unnecessary entities.
- Made some changes to the optimization in the map, the networking traffic has been lowered by 50%+!
- Removed unnecessary entities.
- Made some changes to the optimization in the map, the networking traffic has been lowered by 50%+!
2017-08-27 : Patch 220.127.116.11
- Fixed some typos in the scripts.
- All scripts can now be reloaded on the server & client.
- Friend items will no longer show N/A when friends go offline.
- Added logic_bank_handler, which handles bank access stuff.
- Added logic_changelevel which can be used to trigger changelevel through npc interaction for example.
- Added the last pieces of the banking system.
- Added tooltip info for reputation entries. Now you can read helpful information about your reputations!
- HP and focus will be restored on level-up.
- Fixed armor not following the owner properly when the owner went out of the local player's PVS, also added missing
skin and bodygroup support.
- Fixed a bug which allowed players to pick up more item_objects than the quest required, for quests which had multiple
objectives. Example: You could pick up
6 pumpkins, when you only needed 5.
- NPCs HP regen will be delayed for 0.5 sec when not in combat and taking damage, sometimes if you attacked an NPC
and the NPC didn't see you at first,
the npc would regen the HP lost.
- Fixed a bug which made the spellcast bar display the wrong cast time.
- Fixed bad memory bug @ server, npc auto respawning logic.
- You will now know if you're sending a message to the Global, Local or Party chat channel.
- Projectile based spells will now take your spell power into account when computing the damage.
- Projectile spells and arrows will no longer bounce, they will also auto remove when hitting any solid object.
- Projectile spells and arrows will now automatically increase gravity affection when travelling further than the effective
- If you're in a group, and someone in your group has a quest which requires a certain item which drops from certain
NPCs, only those people with the quest will be able to loot these items!
- A confirmation window will now appear when you try to delete one of your users.
- Delay items will no longer be lost when a gameserver restarts or when a dungeon is created.
- NPCs further away than 800 units from the attacker (player), will no longer be lagcompensated.
- Quest reward logic has been simplified, you will now be properly notified if you are to choose or receive all of
the rewards for a certain quest.
- Fixed a major issue related to the master server, if it crashed, gameserver would not reconnect to the newly restarted
- Fixed player minimap icons being super tiny.
- Added minimap icons for merchants, bankers, quests available and quest handin, so that players can get proper hints!
You can disable these minimap icons by setting: overview_hinticons to 0!
- Various client performance improvements.
2017-08-17 : Infestus Beta 1
Infestus Beta 1 has been released!